We are delighted to announce that our very own Richard Hibbert has been the appointed to the position of National Chair for the KBSA. At the last Board meeting in February, Richard was unanimously voted to the post by all Board members.
Tina Riley, the KBSA’s outgoing Chair said “It is time for a younger generation to carry on the work we have started and I know that Richard’s passion for the industry will stand us in good stead.” Tina commented, “Richard was selected as he has been in the industry fifteen years and an active KBSA Board member for 3 years.”
Acting KBSA CEO Uwe Hanneck said, “We are delighted to welcome Richard into the role of Chair.” “Richard’s focus on education and training as well as his passion for the KBB industry will help us move forward with our strategy and long term plans.”
”It’s a honor to be appointed as KBSA Chair”, said Richard Hibbert. ”KSL may be a small independent business but we place huge importance on developing our skills and industry knowledge. The KBSA has great plans for the industry and I’m glad to be in a position to be able to influence and contribute to that strategy.”
KBSA plans supported by Richard, include:
- Moving KBSA forward to become a future thinking, modern trade association open for membership with a wider audience of independent specialists.
- Developing a more powerful voice to challenge governmental decisions affecting people working in the industry – such as the recent rises in NICs for the self-employed.
- Obtain more recognition for the KBB and workers in the industry, as we make up a big part of the UK economy.
- Provide greater emphasis on training and elevating kitchen, bathroom and bedroom design to a truly recognised specialism. Including the on-going personal development of people working within the industry.
- Developing business services for members to give them the tools to run their businesses more effectively such as the development of legal terms and conditions that they can confidently use.
- To emphasize the importance of marketing and provide guidance to help members grow their businesses.
- Raise awareness of what the KBSA is and does with the consumer and the fantastic independent businesses that are associated with it.
“My ultimate goal is to grow the association.” says Richard, “I’ve had a really nice response from both trade and retailers that I’ve already spoken to and have seen them sign-up. Becoming Chair doesn’t change my passion, but is does enhance my influence. I’ll continue to wholeheartedly champion the KBSA, just as I have been doing for the last three years.”
The KBSA is the only trade association operating specifically for the KBB industry, and represents independent KBB specialists. It was founded in 1978. Over 100 brands supplying the industry support the Association and its key objective of promoting the professionalism and excellence available from the independent specialist retailer.